Monday, July 1, 2013

SNAKES


My first sighting of this scaly creature was on my way to class in secondary school. I was a boarder and it was pretty dead (and no I did not poke it with a stick), nature had began to run its course. The school was built with lots of bushes to spare (mosquitoes and the occasional rumored bush baby).
The second time, was during a debate with my friends just outside the locked gates of our hostel, we sat under the sun near a sand pit and some shrubs and argued on who's mom was the strictest. Just as I was telling them about how my mum would not care if I was scared of any thing even a snake that she expected me to not leave my bag behind no matter what.. I looked to my side (as I gesticulated) and right there was a snake as grey as my school bag. I need not tell you how we fled screaming, "snake!" "Snake!" Right into our seniors hostel Or how I left my school bag behind (I never even looked back at my bag).
The seniors took us back to kill it but it was gone and all we saw was my bag mocking me. Since there was many more where that one came out from that wasn't the last time and I knew not to underestimate the power of their presence in a girls' hostel in the middle of the night when there was no light. O.o
Well,this trip down memory lane was triggered by my neighbors false alarm just now which woke up the other neighbors baby(deep sigh). Long after every one had settled I couldn't fall back asleep so decided to put my time to good use.

No comments: